Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

what's in a name?

"That which we call a rose by any other name would smell so sweet." Shakespeare




Picking a name is a BIG deal! This boy will have to live with his name for the rest of his life or until he is of legal age to change it! Kyle and I talked about names and we had more boy options than girls. Being that I am very indecisive, it has been so hard. I even wished that I was having twins because I have 4 names that I really like. How bad is that?! We even googled popular CEO names since we know McBoy will be a success! ha!


We then talked about if we should tell people our options. The more we thought about it, the more we wanted to keep it to ourselves. Everyone has an opinion. For example "oh I knew a guy in high school named that and he was so mean." Or "that was my dogs name." Others would just say oh how sweet! Not that I care what people think...but it has been fun keeping it on the down low!


Since we are 2 weeks away, we think we have a name. However, my mom had my name picked out and once she saw me, she said I did not look like an Amber. Then my dad named me. So....I need to see him 1st before I really decide (even though Kyle says we have it nailed down!)

Not knowing is killing some people (Kristy, Betsy, Cindy)! They say "just tell me the inititals" or "I won't tell." I tell them that we are still unsure (b/c the 1st and middle name we can be switched out!) Heck no I am not telling! I have held it in this long. Not even the grandparents know! It is killing them too. Soon my friends, soon!

I can tell you his last name will be McCoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment